List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Request for comments: New address book API
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-10-13 23:36:12

Hi Cornelius,

I won't have time to test your new code for a few more days, but I'm looking
forward to checking it out.  What's really important to me is that it's
accessible by apps/utils without an X connection.  In order to get
KAddressBook working as a part of a web-app and console utility, I had to
make some modifications to my local copy.  It'd be great if your new classes
separate data from interface enough to make them X-independent!  Do you know
what the status is in this regard?

Ellis