List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: generic factory idea (was: Re: KLibrary::symbol() enhancement)
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-10-10 18:34:09

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 17:03, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Here's an idea for a nifty template based generic factory, to solve
> Malte's problem and to simplify some code in KDE.

Dunno whether this is of any interest for your problem but I used something
similar for a tiny game some weeks ago. I attached a tarball showing an IMHO
fine implementation of a 'generic-yet-typesafe-factory template' (as well as
a Singleton, just couldn't resist templatizing that functionality ;p).

- Frerich
["factory-stuff.tar.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]