List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    XMElegance - XML editor
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-09 23:23:56

I've been working on an XML editor for KDE/Qt. I've stuck a few
pictures online at:
http://www.ipso-facto.demon.co.uk/development/xmelegance/xmelegance.html

Here's a brief description:

XMElegance is an XML editor designed to make maximum use of the facilities
offered by KDE and Qt. It is sensitive to the document type it is editing, and
makes use of KParts to allow for maximum flexibility and extensibility. It is
currently very pre-alpha, so I'm not releasing anything yet but it already has
the beginning of a decent framework, and loads different configurations for
RDF, HTML, QML (Qt's internal markup) and DocBook files. In addition, it
embeds the KJS engine from Konqueror to provide an internal script engine
(DCOP scipting will be added soon too), to which I've added a bridge giving it
access to the properties of QObjects and the ability to use the new
QWidgetFactory dialog loader that has been added to Qt in the version 3.0
betas.

Cheers

Rich.