On Samedi 6 Octobre 2001 12:00, Bernd Gehrmann wrote: > On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, David Faure wrote: > > On Vendredi 5 Octobre 2001 21:16, Bernd Gehrmann wrote: > > > What about adding the two methods findByContent() and > > > findByFileNameContent() to KMimeType, and marking > > > KMimeMagic and KMimeMagicResult as deprecated? This > > > would make a much simpler and more consistent API > > > IMO. > > > > Good idea, except that I wouldn't mark KMimeMagic* as deprecated, > > it still gives more info than the KMimeType wrappers (for instance the > > accuracy of the result, which maybe some apps might want to check. > > This is just in case. I can't give examples of apps using it). > > This could be accomodated by an additional argument int *accuracy=0, > such that *accuracy is set on return when accuracy is not a null pointer. Good idea. > > Well, yes, sure ;) A service offer is only the description of a service, > > nothing more. IIRC the bool being copied is only a speed up issue > > (used for sorting the offers). > > Well, not exactly, that's why I'm asking :-) AFAICT, the allowAsDefault > in KServiceOffer is an AND between the value in the .desktop file and > the value in profilerc. But the latter is always TRUE... Ok, then that's for a possible future feature of being able to set it to false in the profile. Not really useful though, I'd agree. > Another strange behaviour of keditfiletype is that it appends > "Application" to the list of mime types when it copies a .desktop file > into ~/.kde2. That doesn't matter. The servicetype Application is implicit for Type=Application files anyway. So it's always there, whether explicitely or implicitely. (The goal of that, is to automatically get all properties for an application, see kdelibs/kio/application.desktop) > See mime.html in the kde2arch section on developer.kde.org. Would be > nice if someone would proofread this and services.html, when it's > finished. Cool. Well, please drop me a mail (or mention in the cvs log) when it's finished :) -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today