List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Upgrading to KDE 2.2.1
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2001-10-03 8:16:46

Subject: Upgrading to KDE 2.2.1
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 01:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andreas Vlachos <rideronthestorm98@yahoo.com>
To: kalle@kde.org

Hello. I admire your work and I support it. I am a
newcomer to Linux but I enhoy it through your desktop.
Recently I tried to upgrade from KDE 2.1.2 to 2.2.1 in
order to use KDevelop 2.0.1. I am using Suse 7.2
Professional distribution. Don't you think that you
should have some explanation to the fact that libarts
and another package that were not needed by KDE 2.1.2
were needed in order to upgrade? And shouldn't your
mirrors have a copy of them to download? I believe as
an experienced user that the major disadvantage of
Linux is that upgrading is a big adventure. That's why
I am writing to you.

http://phone.yahoo.com

Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
President & CEO Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Platform-independent Software Solutions
http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se