List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Supporting the Intel C++ compiler?
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-01 7:12:46

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 11:26:09PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> It's compiling Qt 3 now... It doesn't appear massively faster than gcc.
> I suppose I should have measured it. Oh well, get it working first...

Hm, might very well be. I was comparing it against gcc 3.0.2-pre-cvs.
No surprise icc was faster ;-)

On a sidenote while fighting with libtool (what a fool I am, thought it'd
be easy ;) . config.guess fails to detect an ELF based system (it thinks it's
aout ;) and therefore configure/ltconfig disables a shared build right away.
The ELF detection checks for __ELF__ being defined, by the compiler. icc doesn't
define it. arghl.

Simon