List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: klibfactory cleanup
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-09-25 11:24:29

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> QComponentFactory (the now private one) for example does create components,
> indeed, but it does not return a reference to the actual component. All you
> get is an interface (that being the whole point about (q)com, you never really
> see the component behind but only talk to interfaces and jump from one to the
> other) .

This distinction sounds much like Kant's distinction between "Ding an
sich" (Thing-in-itself) and how it appears to us in his critique
of pure reason ;-))

Well, I don't want to get philosophical here. What I'm afraid of is that
there is a class KFoo which does something very different from QFoo.
What's the plan for the QCom* classes, anyway? The way they are currently
used by the Q*Plugin classes is totally overengineered.

Bernd.