List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: klibfactory cleanup
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-09-24 18:52:22

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> Unless there are further objections I'll add your KDE_EXPORT_COMPONENT_FACTORY macro
> with two arguments to kcomponentfactory.h then (after renaming KLibFactory to
> KComponentFactory - unless someone objects against it :)

I don't see the point. KLibFactory doesn't produce components (which would
mean return type QUnknownInterface), it produces QObjects. The notion of a
component is very precisely defined in the Qt documentation, so you
certainly do not help someone learning the API when you overload a term
with an additional meaning.

Bernd.