List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [discussion] archiving and retiring the Dot
From:       Johnny Jazeix <jazeix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-10-02 20:09:33

Le lun. 2 oct. 2023 =C3=A0 16:54, Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
<joseph@kde.org> a =C3=A9crit :

> Thank you for your input, Carl! Just saw your replies after hitting send.
>
> On 10/2/23 16:42, Carl Schwan wrote:
> > On Monday, 2 October 2023 14:05:25 CEST Johnny Jazeix wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >> The GSoC/SoK management team publishes blog posts on the Dot. Is there
> >> an alternative where we can post?
> >
> > This is a good question :) season.kde.org would be the first candidate =
that
> > comes to my mind but considering that this would require writting a lot=
 of
> > code just to add a bloging feature to that website and I already lack t=
he
> > times to work on some long standing improvements to it. I don't think i=
t's a
> > good idea.
> >

> Noted. I was not aware of how much extra work adding a blog would be, so
> those ideas in my other email can be disregarded.
>
> > Instead I think either: https://kde.org/announcements would be fine as =
our
> > participation to GSoC is a KDE wide announcements or as alternative fol=
lowing
> > the discussion on https://discuss.kde.org/t/a-new-blogs-kde-org/5011/ w=
e could
> > have a specific blog for GSoC/SoK announcements. Both solutions should =
be
> > pretty much equivalent, since the announcements would end up on planet.=
kde.org
> > and on our social media.
> >

> Having SoK/GSoC posts at https://kde.org/announcements also makes sense
> to me. That said, dedicated team accounts at blogs.kde.org, if possible
> (e.g., blogs.kde.org/akademy/), could generalize to more situations when
> needed.

I would prefer not have it tied to my name. I don't write all blog
posts about SoK/GSoC so it would be better to have a specific team.

So both https://kde.org/announcement or blogs.kde.org/soc/ should work.

Cheers,
Johnny