List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [discussion] archiving and retiring the Dot
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2023-10-02 15:22:02

I'm not against retiring it.  It used to be cool and must-read and we had
several articles a week but once social media came along and comments
became more spam filled it stopped being so interesting and it's now a
shadow of its former self.

I think it just needs identified what uses still exist for it and can they
move to e.g. the new blogs.kde.org that Harald has proposed.

I think the purpose of https://kde.org/announcements/ should be clarified
too, it's almost all release announcements which is great but can software
be announced on it outwith plasma/gear/frameworks and can other
announcements go there?  I suspect it's best to keep it to just the three
big product announcements.

Jonathan