List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [discussion] archiving and retiring the Dot
From:       Carl Schwan <carl () carlschwan ! eu>
Date:       2023-10-02 14:42:54

On Monday, 2 October 2023 14:05:25 CEST Johnny Jazeix wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> The GSoC/SoK management team publishes blog posts on the Dot. Is there
> an alternative where we can post?

This is a good question :) season.kde.org would be the first candidate that
comes to my mind but considering that this would require writting a lot of
code just to add a bloging feature to that website and I already lack the
times to work on some long standing improvements to it. I don't think it's a
good idea.

Instead I think either: https://kde.org/announcements would be fine as our
participation to GSoC is a KDE wide announcements or as alternative following
the discussion on https://discuss.kde.org/t/a-new-blogs-kde-org/5011/ we could
have a specific blog for GSoC/SoK announcements. Both solutions should be
pretty much equivalent, since the announcements would end up on planet.kde.org
and on our social media.

Cheers,
Carl