List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: using gitlab ultimate
From:       Ben Bonacci <ben () benbonacci ! com>
Date:       2023-08-02 21:34:42

I assumed this would only be available for projects on the official
GitLab instance, but it appears to also be available for self hosted
instances too if all the requirements are met.

https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/join/

Although KDE may qualify for it, if it means migrating from CE to EE
(the non-free version of GitLab) then it would need to be considered if
Ultimate's features are worth using the proprietary version of GitLab.

Personally, using EE to host free software doesn't seem right.

Regards,

Ben

--
Ben Bonacci
https://benbonacci.com

Quote of the Day: "Not all those who wander are lost." - Marthe Troly-Curtin