List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: using gitlab ultimate
From:       christoph () cullmann ! io
Date:       2023-08-02 14:35:07

On 2023-08-02 16:26, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 4:23 PM Ingo Klöcker <kloecker@kde.org> wrote:

>> > It is my understanding that non-trivial amounts of time have been
>> > spent on making a CI dashboard that now nobody uses because it is
>> > defunct or some such. In essence we've wasted valuable free software
>> > time. That seems a pretty compelling reason in my book.
>>
>> No, it's a pretty compelling reason to convince the GitLab folks to
>> make their
>> dashboard available to everyone.
>
> I'll not stop you :)
> Until that happens the argument stands.

Hi,

I don't think using commercial non-free solutions as the primary tool
for our development
is a good idea.

Beside that, that is billed per user: https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/

e.g. $1188 USD per year per non-guest user

That looks like a lot money to pay given we have more than 10 users,
even if it
has less costs if you buy xxx accounts.

Greetings
Christoph