List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Recurrent <5$ USD monthly subscription.
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-02-28 1:00:28

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 12:27 AM Nicolás Alvarez
<nicolas.alvarez@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe we should consider liberapay? It allows donations as low as
> €0.01/week (which is paid in advance to reduce payment processor
> fees).
>
> --
> Nicolás
>
> El lun, 27 feb 2023 a la(s) 20:02, Nate Graham (nate@kde.org) escribió:
> >
> > Hello Gary,
> >
> > I'm happy you're happy, and thanks for wanting to donate! You can make
> > monthly donations of 3€ or more at
> > https://kde.org/fundraisers/yearend2022. Any smaller than that and the
> > fees start to eat into the donations too much, and you could instead
> > consider a yearly donation in the amount you wanted to donate per month,
> > multiplied by 12.
> >
> > Nate
> >

> > On 2/26/23 04:00, Gary Espitia wrote:
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > > I use KDE and love the project; I want to, make recurring automatic
> > > donations, but the minimum set in github is 5$USD. If there's any reward
> > > I don't need it, I just want to be able to make the hassle-libre
> > > donation but set it to the amount I consider for whatever reason
> > > adequate, even if it's less than 5$USD a month.
> > >

> > > Thank you for your attention.

Is this really the place to discuss this though? We have a solution in
place consciously set up by our fundraising working group. You are a
KDE e.V. member and have full access to that group, if you want to
contribute you can feel free to do so, but please let's not distract
people who reach out trying to donate...

Aleix