Hello, Am 09.12.22 um 14:01 schrieb Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss: > Hello, > > And I am wondering: Can the community provide a list of hardware they > keep out of landfills by running KDE Plasma + their distribution of choice? > Two old machines that still run with KDE (mainly Kubuntu): * self-build desktop PC * Board: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (bought in 2008) CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (bought second-hand in 2016, replaced a Core2Duo E6550 from 2008) Memory: 4 GB (upgraded to 8 GB in 01/2022) Graphics: Asus Radeon R7 240 (bought second-hand in 2019) Together with a SSD as my primary storage device, this machine still run respectively fast today, and I have used it on a daily base for surfing, music and video playback, developing RAW photos with darktable, some minor work on FOSS (primarily testing and a bit of debugging) some office, some simple/older game stuff etc. until September 2022 (I passed it to my grandfather then, and it still works fine!). * Acer Extensa 5635Z (Laptop, bought in 2009) * CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4400 Memory: 4 GB Graphics: Intel Mobile 4 Series GM45 Express Chipset This is the machine my mother uses, where I do the admin work. It is used mainly for office work and surfing (including some occassional video conferences). The internal hard disk was replaced by a SSD, and with that KDE boots fast and runs at decent speed, even 3D acceleration for compositing works! (OS: Kubuntu 20.04 with Plasma 5.18). Hope that helps! Jan