List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Upgrading meet.kde.org
From:       Aleix Pol <aleixpol () kde ! org>
Date:       2022-11-28 16:35:20

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 5:21 PM Kenny Coyle <kcoyle@kde.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Since the start of the pandemic, we have been using BigBlueButton (runnin=
g on meet.kde.org) to organise meetings, sprints, conferences and ad-hoc ev=
ents. Following some configuration changes needed for Akademy, we have deci=
ded to improve the service onto more performant hardware.

> This change allows us to make some changes that have been on the backlog =
for some time:

>  - Upgrade BBB to latest supported release
>  - Migrate meet.kde.org to invent.kde.org single-sign-on.
>
> While this change should be somewhat seamless, please be aware that we ar=
e migrating existing room configurations, but we will not be migrating exis=
ting recordings. We will be archiving the existing recordings, so they will=
 be available for a reasonable time if you raise a ticket with sysadmin fol=
lowing the usual process.

> We intend to complete the migration next weekend, and will aim to do so w=
hen meet.kde.org does not have any active meetings.

> Thanks,
> Kenny (with my sysadmin hat on).

Cool, thanks for this, meet.kde.org remains a great tool for the KDE commun=
ity!

Aleix