List:       kde-community
Subject:    KDE Eco | measurement labs | community meetup Fri. 8 Oct. 13:00 CEST
From:       "Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss" <joseph () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-09-27 8:14:32

Apologies for cross-posting!

Hi all,

the second KDE Eco community meetup will take place on *Friday 8 October* at
*13:00 CEST* (UTC+2). We will meet at the following link:

    https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt

All are welcome!

This meeting will be focused on *energy consumption measurements in the lab*.
One of KDE Eco's long-term goals is to make FOSS/KDE software more efficient --
labs are one way to measure and then drive down the energy consumption of our
software! The main goal of the meeting is to identify what needs to be done to
get there: who, what, where, when, how?

_Plan_
- 10-15 minutes: Achim Guldner, Franziska Mai & Christopher Stumpf will
present details of the measurement lab at Umwelt-Campus
- 5-10 minutes: David Hurka will provide an overview of task automation tools
(e.g., Actiona) for replicating standard usage scenarios
- 35-50 minute discussion question: What do we need to do to set up
measurement labs for the FOSS/KDE community?
- Breakout rooms: Who can do what?

Another idea to discuss: organizing a Sprint to set up a lab and do a measure-
athon of KDE software for /Blauer Engel/ eco-certification.

I look forward to seeing many of you (again) there!

Cheers,
Joseph

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!

Matrix: https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/#energy-efficiency:kde.org
Forum: https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=334

---
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)
["2021-10-08_13hCEST_kde-eco-meetup.ics" (2021-10-08_13hCEST_kde-eco-meetup.ics)]

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 4.3//EN
VERSION:2.0
X-KDE-ICAL-IMPLEMENTATION-VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Berlin
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZNAME:CET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
DTSTART:19791231T230000
RDATE:19791231T230000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZNAME:CEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
DTSTART:19810329T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZNAME:CEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
DTSTART:19800406T020000
RDATE:19800406T020000
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZNAME:CET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
DTSTART:19971026T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZNAME:CET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
DTSTART:19800928T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;UNTIL=19961027T030000;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=9
RDATE:19950924T030000
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20210927T075903Z
CREATED:20210927T075903Z
UID:102f2464-f726-4026-8007-f9e15da64e8a
LAST-MODIFIED:20210927T075903Z
 measurements in the lab*. One of KDE Eco's long-term goals is to make
 FOSS/KDE software more efficient -- labs are one way to measure and then
 drive down the energy consumption of our software! The main goal of the
 meeting is to identify what needs to be done to get there: who\, what\,
 where\, when\, how?\n\n_Plan_\n- 10-15 minutes: Achim Guldner\, Franziska
 Mai & Christopher Stumpf will present details of the measurement lab at
 Umwelt-Campus\n- 5-10 minutes: David Hurka will provide an overview of
 task automation tools (e.g.\, Actiona) for replicating standard usage
 scenarios\n- 35-50 minute discussion question: What do we need to do to
 set up measurement labs for the FOSS/KDE community?\n- Breakout rooms:
 Who can do what?\n\nAnother idea to discuss: organizing a Sprint to set
 up a lab and do a measure-athon of KDE software for /Blauer Engel/
 eco-certification.
SUMMARY:KDE Eco Community Meetup
LOCATION:https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt
DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20211008T130000
DTEND;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20211008T143000
TRANSP:OPAQUE
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR