List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)
From:       Kenny Duffus <kenny () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-06-15 13:25:11

Hi

We had been trying to have a nice orderly migration from freenode but that wasn't to \
be despite all our work as freenode imploded earlier today

The main problem for our migration was that the majority of our matrix bridged rooms \
are "portals" which aren't really meant to ever move

Element Matrix Services support are working with us to convert the portal rooms to \
plumbed rooms which we can then migrate

Existing plumbed rooms can skip this stage and be unlinked from freenode and using \
the integration manager add an irc bridge  to libera to them instead

If you are in a kde matrix room that i'm not please invite me there so that i \
definitely know of its existance,  I'm @kenny:kde.org

For people using IRC directly life should be simpler, you can just disconect from \
freenode if you haven't and then join the corresponding rooms on Libera \
https://libera.chat/guides/connect

The vast majority of IRC rooms have been created and registered, if you find any that \
aren't please let me know (seaLne)

Thanks

--

	Kenny