List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: RMS and open letter
From:       "Eike Hein" <hein () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-03-23 20:52:30

With the dot-org hat on, I wish the Open Letter had a little bit more of a dot-org \
focus instead of focusing on the individual.

What the current controversy highlights is that FSF board changes occur without an \
election and without significant transparency.[1]

This is not KDE e.V.'s organizational setup, and it's also not the setup we would \
like to see in an organization that aims to centrally represent Free Software. It's \
also likely that the current and other situations would have been prevented by a \
healthier, more participatory board setup.

I think the discussion of where to take the FSF (or representation for Free Software \
communities in general) next is what matters beyond the current moment in time. This \
is worth thinking about in the coming days, and also discussing with our partner \
dot-orgs.

1 = https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/fsf-amended-bylaws-current.pdf

Best regards,
Eike Hein