On 2/23/21 4:07 PM, Nate Graham wrote: > On 2/23/21 3:53 PM, Ben Cooksley wrote: >> May I take this as a formal request from yourself that Gitlab CI is >> deprioritised and delayed? >> >> Based on the extremely frequent requests we get concerning it in >> #kde-sysadmin I am not sure if your request here is in line with >> general community consensus. >> >> Also, be aware that Sysadmin currently has other infrastructure level >> projects underway needed to get us off Ubuntu 16.04, which are >> currently delayed because we haven't had anyone volunteer to assist us >> with adding support for OAuth2/MyKDE to Reimbursements. >> Based on the above, I assume you are also requesting that we delay >> this, and accept the corresponding security issues that will accompany >> it when Ubuntu 16.04 loses support in the coming months in order to >> get this actioned? > > Hmm, I don't see where I suggested any of those things. > > If you folks are really that overloaded, we need to figure out how to > fix that. A workload that exceeds available resources doesn't help > anyone. The last time this came up, people called for additional > volunteers to assist. Did that end up bearing any fruit? Anyway I apologize if my tone was off. I wasn't meaning to accuse sysadmins of anything, and I guess I didn't realize how overloaded the team is right now. That being what it is, perhaps a more productive line of discussion would be to ask: "what do you need from us so that these things that need to happen, and that we all want, can reach fruition faster?" You don't have to suffer in silence! :) Nate