Am 08.04.20 um 20:03 schrieb Nate Graham: > On 4/8/20 9:32 AM, Christoph Cullmann wrote: >> On 2020-04-08 15:39, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: >>> On woensdag 8 april 2020 13:13:41 CEST Jens wrote: > It's heartening that KDAB has already indicated willingness to support > such a thing should it become necessary. Are there other Qt-using > companies who we could reach out to? Maybe also linux distro packagers? There are many small companies with a few crafters building Qt apps for all kind of devices. I can imagine that many of them would be willing to contribute small pieces as well if that would be a benefit for them. Even if they can not use Qt under a free license, a benefit could also be things like a vibrant developer community, blogs etc. that are strongly Qt related. Needed for that would be some kind of community management for this kind of community. I am, tbh, not sure if the KDE is the right organization to do that, maybe that is something that should go on a parallel track initiated through KDAB & friends? If so (and probably there are already thoughts), this should go hand in hand with the KDE initiatives to build a strong ecosystem. > Perhaps the KDE e.V. could look into hiring people to help maintain the > fork, given the importance of Qt's code to our software. Well yes, all in all this is a huge task. It will be hard to keep a free Qt fork the leading technology without a paid developer group. I myself, with my own fork experiences, very much hope that all this can still be avoided. Klaas