List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Qt, Open Source and corona
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2020-04-09 9:01:48

On woensdag 8 april 2020 23:20:34 CEST Jens wrote:

> Is there any vague calculations concerning the work that would be needed being
> done?

* There needs to be a mailing list or two
* There needs to be a system like gerrit or gitlab to host development
* There needs to be CI -- the Qt project has its own thing for that, COIN.
* There needs to be a website
* There needs to be a committee or a way of making decisions: what to keep, what to \
drop, how to handle relations with the Qt company, how to release, whether Qt6 still \
makes sense, or whether Qt5 should be developed for the next decade...

From what I see, gerrit and coin are using serious amounts of sysadmin time, and that \
needs money. Creating a decision-making process is going to be the hardest thing. I'm \
guessing that hosting another couple of mailing lists and having Qt on KDE's download \
mirror network isn't going to be a problem. We already mirror Qt's git repos.

(Of course, I might have forgotten some things...)

--
https://www.krita.org