List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Allow REUSE compatible License Statements in License Policy
From:       Carl Schwan <carl () carlschwan ! eu>
Date:       2020-01-26 17:45:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks for your work on this.
Cheers
Carl

\-------- Original Message --------
On 26 Jan 2020, 18:20, Andreas Cord-Landwehr < cordlandwehr@kde.org> wrote:
Hi, since no more comments came up, today I updated the licensing policy wi=
th
the extensions to allow and even prefer SPDX markers in a way that is
compatible with the REUSE.software specification:
[https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing\_Policy/][https_community.kde=
.org_Policies_Licensing_Policy]
As noted in the thread, the following topics still need to be revisited in =
the
policy and clarified:
\- licensing of language updates by ScriptKiddy and other automatic tools
\- better integration of Section 6 and Section 15 into the policy
\- handling of big directories with resource files (e.g icons)
I still plan to look into them, but right now the top item on my priority l=
ist
is to introduce SPDX markers into the KDE Frameworks. Meaning, if anybody
wants to pick these topics up first, feel free :)
Cheers,
Andreas