List:       kde-community
Subject:    List of available sprint venues for 2020 and beyond
From:       Eike Hein <hein () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-01-04 14:01:15

Dear community,

Happy new year!

Recently, we've gotten approached a few times with offers of venues for KD=
E events/sprints=2E One such case was the MBition office, which resulted in=
 the recent Frameworks 6 sprint held there=2E Another is the foss-north 202=
0 Community Day, which Adriaan sent an email about not too long ago=2E

In addition to these, we've recently been made aware that DIN e=2EV=2E (a =
well-established German organization maintaining important industry norms/s=
tandards) have a large venue in central Berlin they're offering to make ava=
ilable to open source events in three seperate timeframes in 2020, which we=
 think is very compelling=2E

I've added a new section in the sprint wiki collecting dates and venues th=
at are "up for grabs":

https://community=2Ekde=2Eorg/Sprints#Need_a_sprint_venue=2E3F_Check_here=
=2E21

If you have a need for a sprint this year and don't have a venue yet, plea=
se consider these=2E If you're interested in a venue that doesn't have a kd=
e=2Eorg contact listed (e=2Eg=2E for foss-north, Adriaan is already coordin=
ating our presence there), please open a thread on the community list to ke=
ep everyone in the loop, or if you need additional info or help with the ap=
plication=2E

If you have an amazing venue and want KDE to fill it with life, don't hesi=
tate to add yourself to the list, either=2E :-)

Cheers,
Eike