------NWS9U27Z6F02FJE87ORFI2FP2MYLQ6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable But they don't, so your calculation is about solving a problem that doesn't= currently exist=2E Cheers, Eike On December 5, 2019 1:21:08 PM GMT+01:00, Christian Loosli wrote: >For me it's a rather simple calculation: if every contributor on planet >would=20 >post as many articles on politics as e=2Eg=2E you do, the planet would be >simply=20 >overcrowded with it=2E=20 > >Given we already have filters for languages, maybe there could be a >filter for=20 >non-KDE stuff, so that people who to go planet=2Ekde to read about, well, >KDE,=20 >could filter all that stuff out=2E > >Kind regards,=20 > >Christian=20 > >Am Donnerstag, 5=2E Dezember 2019, 13:04:35 CET schrieb Jonathan Riddell: >> Planet KDE exists to allow KDE people to share information about >themselves >> as well as their KDE contributions=2E A hard Brexit will affect KDE >> significantly which is why I include it here=2E The idea that talking >about >> politics is dangerous or anti-social really scares me and is one >reason why >> the populists have taken over so much of the political discussion >> currently=2E I often get people thanking me for my political opinion >blogs=2E >> If you don=E2=80=99t want to read it then don=E2=80=99t read it=2E >>=20 >> The rule we came up with is "The majority of content in your blog >should be >> about KDE and your work on KDE=2E Blog posts about personal subjects >are also >> encouraged since Planet KDE is a chance to learn more about the >developers >> behind KDE=2E" I've never heard anyone suggest changes to that rule=2E >>=20 >> Jonathan >>=20 >> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 11:53, Christian Loosli >wrote: >> > Dear Community, >> >=20 >> > I'm 100% sure this topic came up in the past due to the same blog, >but I >> > can't >> > find it on the mailing list, so I assume it happened on forums or >chat: >> >=20 >> > currently the top blog post on planet=2Ekde=2Eorg is about voting for= a >> > specific >> > political party=2E I understand that in these times there are many >countries >> > with heated and important political debates, and some very >important >> > global >> > topics as well=2E However, these already occupy all the news site=2E >> > Now if every blog appearing on the planet would target a political >subject >> > that is very important to the blogger, planet=2Ekde=2Eorg would be ye= t >> > another >> > political news/opinions feed=2E >> >=20 >> > If I want politics, I go to one of these=2E If I want to read about >KDE, I >> > go to >> > planet=2Ekde=2Eorg=2E >> >=20 >> > Please dear bloggers: there are categories, and you can choose >which of >> > your >> > blogs do show up on the planet=2E I know that some topics are very >important >> > to >> > you and obviously you are free to blog about them, but please keep >the >> > planet=2Ekde=2Eorg feed free of it, so it doesn't become a mess where >it's >> > hard to >> > find the content people actually go there for=2E >> >=20 >> > Thanks and kind regards, >> >=20 >> > Christian --=20 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity=2E ------NWS9U27Z6F02FJE87ORFI2FP2MYLQ6 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable But they don't, so your calculation is about solvi= ng a problem that doesn't currently exist=2E

Cheers,
Eike
=
For me it's a rather simple calculation: if every co=
ntributor on planet would
post as many articles on politics as e=2Eg=2E= you do, the planet would be simply
overcrowded with it=2E

Give= n we already have filters for languages, maybe there could be a filter for =
non-KDE stuff, so that people who to go planet=2Ekde to read about, wel= l, KDE,
could filter all that stuff out=2E

Kind regards,
Christian

Plane= t KDE exists to allow KDE people to share information about themselves
a= s well as their KDE contributions=2E A hard Brexit will affect KDE
signi= ficantly which is why I include it here=2E The idea that talking about
= politics is dangerous or anti-social really scares me and is one reason why=
the populists have taken over so much of the political discussion
cu= rrently=2E I often get people thanking me for my political opinion blogs=2E=
If you don=E2=80=99t want to read it then don=E2=80=99t read it=2E
<= br>The rule we came up with is "The majority of content in your blog should= be
about KDE and your work on KDE=2E Blog posts about personal subjects= are also
encouraged since Planet KDE is a chance to learn more about th= e developers
behind KDE=2E" I've never heard anyone suggest changes to = that rule=2E

Jonathan

I'm 100% sure this topic came up in= the past due to the same blog, but I
can't
find it on the mailing li= st, so I assume it happened on forums or chat:

currently the top blo= g post on planet=2Ekde=2Eorg is about voting for a
specific
political= party=2E I understand that in these times there are many countries
with= heated and important political debates, and some very important
global<= br>topics as well=2E However, these already occupy all the news site=2E
= Now if every blog appearing on the planet would target a political subject<= br>that is very important to the blogger, planet=2Ekde=2Eorg would be yetanother
political news/opinions feed=2E

If I want politics, I g= o to one of these=2E If I want to read about KDE, I
go to
planet=2Ekd= e=2Eorg=2E

Please dear bloggers: there are categories, and you can c= hoose which of
your
blogs do show up on the planet=2E I know that som= e topics are very important
you and obviously you are free to blog= about them, but please keep the
planet=2Ekde=2Eorg feed free of it, so = it doesn't become a mess where it's
hard to
find the content people a= ctually go there for=2E

Thanks and kind regards,

Christian

-- =
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail=2E Please excuse my brevity= =2E ------NWS9U27Z6F02FJE87ORFI2FP2MYLQ6--