List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-07-04 19:06:03

Hello,

On Thursday, 4 July 2019 19:07:20 CEST Volker Krause wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 July 2019 17:43:06 CEST Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Sorry, but I don't see any way this is going to end well. KDE projects
> > should not use the gitlab issues feature for bug reports. Use of the
> > issues
> > feature should be reserved for replacing the phabricator tasks
> > functionality. KDE should continue to use bugzilla.
>
> From what I have seen of Gitlab so far (which I like in general as it
> removes the error-prone arcanist from my workflow), I have to agree with
> that.

Count me on that particular group. It's just not the same volumes between
project tasks and bugs. Besides I agree with Boud that it's good for the
developers to have a space undisturbed from the support hotline. It's fine for
tasks in gitlab/phab to refer bugs in bugzilla IMO.

Regards.
--
Kevin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net