On donderdag 4 juli 2019 19:19:17 CEST Nate Graham wrote: > On 7/4/19 11:06 AM, Christoph Cullmann wrote: > > Actually, do we really want that every user bug reporter opens an > > account on invent.kde.org? > > > > I actually think the split of accounts between phabricator/gitlab vs. > > bugzilla is no bad but a good feature. > > It would definitely solve that problem, but there are a few practical > problems with this: > > - People would continue to need two accounts (BKO and identity/invent), Like I said in my other mail, it's not hugely important for the kind of reporter who is not already a developer, and who knows, maybe that can be fixed as well. It's not like Identity is universally beloved. > and the systems wouldn't be integrated as well as thy could be, which > negates some of the purported advantages of moving to GitLab in the > first place But that's the _point_. There needs to be a kind of division between user issue reporting and developer/development activity. > - GitLab Issues are lacking some of the features of Phabricator Tasks > such as parent & sub-task tracking > Yes, gitlab issues is an all-round aenemic feature, but I could live with it for a tasks replacement, but not for a issue reporter replacement. > - Using GitLab Issues exclusively to replace Phab Tasks will confuse > users who are accustomed to using Issues for bug reporting in other > projects (though I suppose this could be remedied by renaming "Issues" > to "Tasks" in the UI, and implementing a template that explicitly says > "Don't use this to report bugs") And users get would sent to bugs.kde.org anyway; no normal user is going to something called "invent.kde.org" to report a bug, unless there's very specific guidancce to send them there. -- https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org