List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Invent/gitlab, issues and bugzilla
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2019-07-04 16:11:16

On donderdag 4 juli 2019 17:54:23 CEST Nate Graham wrote:

> If so, then it seems like the ideal state of affairs would be to replace
> Bugzilla with GitLab issues as a new bug-reporting front-end for users,
> and then there would be a separate back-end like what Phabricator Tasks
> currently offers us that's visible only or mostly to developers, where
> the issues can be categorized, organized, and discussed, and
> higher-level projects can be coordinated with something. If we can get
> something like this, that seems like the ideal outcome to me.

No, exactly the other way around. Bugzilla should stay for users reporting bugs -- \
it's the user generated reports that need all the managing, not the developer tasks. \
Do we really want to spend time maintaining scores of labels so we can tag, \
ourselves, manually, the platform for a user report and all the other things? Gitlab \
is just not suitable for a user-facing issue reporting system. Bugzilla is better at \
that, much, much better.

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org