List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Anonymous contributions
From:       Nate Graham <nate () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-04-16 21:05:05

 ---- On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 14:58:26 -0600 Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote \
----  > On dinsdag 16 april 2019 22:31:38 CEST Nicolás Alvarez wrote:

 > > It seems easier to whitelist legitimate mononyms on request...
 >
 > No, no, no! You cannot do that, unless you have an exhaustive list of "valid \
mononyms" -- and you're still deluding yourself into the assumption that you can code \
something that can recognize a string as a valid name. You cannot do that. I cannot \
do that. Nobody can do that. We must stop trying to do that. It's a delusion with bad \
consequences.

I think he's saying that specific people with known legitimate mononyms should have \
their names whitelisted, not that there should be an attempt to whitelist some class \
of mononyms.

This would work, but I like the elegance of Friedrich's idea of a hookscript that \
validates based on identity credentials instead.

Nate