List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Anonymous contributions
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2019-04-16 20:58:26

On dinsdag 16 april 2019 22:31:38 CEST Nicolás Alvarez wrote:

> It seems easier to whitelist legitimate mononyms on request...

No, no, no! You cannot do that, unless you have an exhaustive list of "valid \
mononyms" -- and you're still deluding yourself into the assumption that you can code \
something that can recognize a string as a valid name. You cannot do that. I cannot \
do that. Nobody can do that. We must stop trying to do that. It's a delusion with bad \
consequences.

Nobody can code a valid name recognition algorithm; we should not try that. It's \
better to have the occasional mistake in our git history than to go down this path.

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org