List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Anonymous contributions
From:       Nate Graham <pointedstick () zoho ! com>
Date:       2019-04-16 20:20:52

 ---- On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 14:16:40 -0600 Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote \
----  > On dinsdag 16 april 2019 22:10:54 CEST Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

 > > I wonder if the commit push hook could not actually compare against
 > > identity.kde.org to check for validness of name & email address, at least for
 > > the committer. The schema there already has name & email-address, perhaps
 > > could be extended to allow configuring custom commit name & email address for
 > > those who need.
 >
 > You cannot do that, because new contributors aren't in identity, necessarily.

Well, it seems like there are two use cases:

1. Verify that an someone with commit access has their git setup correct (e.g. don't \
use work identify for KDE). For this we can verify against the info on file at \
identity.kde.org 2. Verify that a patch from a more casual contributor has \
appropriate correct authorship information. The contributor responsible for reviewing \
and/or landing the patch is currently expected to do this.

It seems like the hookscript can catch the first case, but the second one will be in \
the hands of a human.

Nate