List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Anonymous contributions
From:       Sune Vuorela <nospam () vuorela ! dk>
Date:       2019-04-12 19:43:15

On 2019-04-12, Eike Hein <hein@kde.org> wrote:
> Pseudonyms don't jive with that for me. Someone not entrusting me with
> their real name feels regressive vs. our current community standards.
> It's a bit uncomfortable.

I have kind of the same feeling. Though real name doesn't have to be
legal name.

But just for reference - this is Debians take on names.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2009/07/msg00044.html

And there are at least a couple of Debian developers who are developers
under a pseudonym.

And then of course the many people who are like called Steve when their
real name is Stephen and such similar things.

/Sune