List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Anonymous contributions
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-04-11 19:56:27

El dijous, 11 d'abril de 2019, a les 20:56:03 CEST, Christoph Cullmann va escriure:
> On 2019-04-11 20:36, David Edmundson wrote:
> > We would need to ask a lawyer.
> > I only know enough to know that I don't know enough.
> Hi,
>
> independent of any lawyer, my 2 cents:
>
> As we did never verify any names nor identities, is the discussion not
> mood?
>
> We already accept contributions, by lets make up "Max Schmidt
> <mycoolalias@gmail.com>", if he/her/... sends in a reasonable patch.
>
> We never check: is that the real name? Is this person existing?
>
> I actually started to accept "alias" named contributions after asking
> me:
> I am more happy with a person that tells he/her/... uses an alias or do
> I want to be lied to with some fake name that sounds ok?
>
> For re-licensing and similar stuff:
>
> I tried to re-license parts of KTextEditor in the past.
> Real names help close to nothing if the mail addresses are no longer
> valid or the people don't respond, even if valid.
> You just can't track them, unfortunately there are more "Max Schmidt"s
> around on the world then lets say "Christoph Cullmann"s.

Yes, Albert Astals Cid is much easier to track than randomguy, i'm 99.99% positive \
there's only one Albert Astals Cid in the world, there's millions of randomguys, so \
please don't say "you just can't track them" because it's obviously not true, sure \
for more common names it's still not trivial, but it is much easier if you have \
someone's name than if you don't.

Cheers,
  Albert