On February 26, 2019 at 11:22:27 AM, Nate Graham (nate@kde.org(mailto:nate@kde.org)) wrote: > ---- On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:37:56 -0700 Christian Loosli wrote ---- > > That all in mind is why I think the approach was maybe not the best one= and > > should be reconsidered for future events and articles. > > > > Thanks and kind regards, > > > > Christian > > > I'm in agreement with Christian about this. Conducting this process behin= d closed doors seems to have backfired, as evidenced by the technical probl= ems that happened anyway and the controversy and drama that we're all now e= mbroiled in. Regardless of intentions, these results should be a clear sign= that the process didn't work and needs to be re-examined. And it's very di= sappointing to hear that a part of the reason for this process was specific= ally to exclude a particular person. It's no great secret that Paul and Jon= athan don't have a great working relationship, but this problem needs to be= addressed openly. The two of you trying to work around one another, occasi= onally writing passive aggressive emails on the mailing list is not how the= problem will get solved; instead it will just get bigger over time. > > We don't need secrecy, politicking, and personality-driven conflicts like= this in KDE. When there's a problem, let's handle it like adults so we can= all get back to the business of making the finest open-source software the= world has ever seen. > > Nate > Thank you all for your comments. I am sure now it is a lesson learned and we will be more vigilant of these situations in the future. It is part of the challenge of working with a large community across many countries. We all make assumptions that we feel are right but when placed in a larger context they don=E2=80=99t always work the way it was intended. I feel the community has spoken and we are in agreement. Let=E2=80=99s lear= n from it and now move forward with the amazing work we deliver to many people in the world. Hugs. Andy KDE Board Member