On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 1:31 PM Luca Beltrame wrote: > > Il giorno Tue, 4 Dec 2018 12:48:48 +0100 > Harald Sitter ha scritto: > > > OTOH I also don't understand how the current spam protection works. Do > > we maintain a list of blacklisted words? Because from what I > > understand discourse has that built in. Along with blocking by IP. > > Yeah, it works something like that. I don't know if it is connected to > stopforumspam (nor if stopforumspam actually exists anymore), but it > does "flag" messages on words, number of posts, etc. Moderators then > can inspect the flagged messages. > > The current nice thing (but that's to workaround a huge deficiency of > the UI in phpBB - perhaps it has changed in recent versions) is that it > also offers a one-click ban that bans the user and wipes all the posts > by the same user in one fell swoop. If there's nothing additional I think all of what we have currently is already supported out of the box in discourse: - filters - easy nuking; looks like this apparently: https://meta.discourse.org/t/new-user-deleted-for-spam-posts/53647/2 On top of that I also found something else: limited new user abilities through a trust level system; I would actually encourage forum staff to read up on this feature [1] as it sounds like something that could be super nice in practice. It also plays a part in the spam protection story. (also see wiki page for some info on that entire feature set [2]) [1] https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/ [2] https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Evaluation/Discourse#Anti-Spam HS