List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Bugzilla template problems
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-10-05 6:28:21

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 10:27 AM Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Harald Sitter <sitter@kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Oh btw, just as a random FYI: I think stuff like this is why ubuntu
>> eventually ended up having a GUI tool (ubuntu-bug) to help file bug
>> reports with useful metadata. Putting it on the user to figure this
>> stuff out is unreliable at best and can easily get overwhelming.
>

> This. Is there a way for us to have the Help > File a bug menu start a "k=
de-bug" process like "ubuntu-bug" ? And to have a `kde-bug packagename` in =
the commandline? In Kubuntu, this makes filing even complex bug reports (su=
ch as against the installer while testing release candidate ISOs) much more=
 easy, and the information provided is exactly what the Ubuntu developers n=
eed to make fixes.

Currently all we have is the following class in KXMLGUI:
https://lxr.kde.org/source/frameworks/kxmlgui/src/kbugreport.cpp

> Valorie

Cheers,
Ben