List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Call for contributors for Fixture [ Qt5 based raster graphics editor ]
From:       Kuntal Majumder <zee () hellozee ! me>
Date:       2018-09-22 8:30:22

 ---- On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 20:10:01 +0530 Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek@kde.org> wrote \
----   > This. And Kuntal, from controversial angle, how would Fixture help \
re-sellers? They would ignore with you from the day one I bet, then they will fight. \
I see this all the time with, say, Blender. The time you Fixture team releases 1.0 \
all specialized apps will be available via service only (compare Fusion 360).

Actually I also pitched this in Adobe's office during a community gathering and \
apparently they cutoff the video recording in the mid way.

 > Practical thing is, I'd like to gently hear from the Krita community if they \
accept properly done "Photoshop" mode for Krita, perhaps at the build time and if \
possible go there. Krita has dozens of structures and GUI items you need but you do \
not want to re-implement them in coming years... This can be done right but has costs \
too for Krita so cost-benefit math needs to be done first.

Someone in reddit was also saying that, the UI is built on plugins so practically we \
can scrap the UI and use Krita as a base to develop it further. Would be helpful if \
someone can shed some light onto it.

Thanks
Kuntal M