List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Calling all contributors: Please help us with the EduCode2018 event
From:       Laszlo Papp <lpapp () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-08-03 15:17:39

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday, 27 July 2018 11:35:51 CEST Sivan Greenberg wrote:
> > I'd do it if I had been living in Europe..sounds like an awesome
> > opportunity with importance at the educational and societal for the open
> > nature of education computing.
> >
> > On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 at 14:44 Paul Brown <paul.brown@kde.org> wrote:
> > > https://phabricator.kde.org/T8122
> > >
> > > Tomothee can't make it in the end, and Aleix is not sure if he can
> attend
> > > either. We need people to staff the booth that would like to explain to
> > > teachers, school representatives, parents and students how KDE Edu
> > > software
> > > can be helpful educational tools.
>
> Well, Brussels is a few hours by train for me, and I speak all the local
> languages (some of them badly, though). Let me double-check my calendar,
> since
> I've got lots of other things going on, too.
>
> [ade]

London-Brussels is a short trip for me and one of my friends could help
with free accommodation (like for FOSDEM). I even wrote for and talked
about KDE edu a few years ago :)

So, I could also be of help in case everything else falls through. However,
as a not so active KDE volunteer, I would kindly ask this to be the last
resort for fairness.