On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 03:45:26PM +0200, Paul Brown wrote: > On miércoles, 18 de julio de 2018 15:16:39 (CEST) Jonathan Riddell wrote: > > I'll stop doing KDE promo again then. > > Please don't. I for one value your contributions and think that a rift between > Promo and yourself would be bad for both parties. > > > KDE shouldn't have unnamed > > higher powers who block community contributions. > > This is not the case. The only thing is that we don't do off-the-cuff social > posts any more. Is there a small group of people who has access to the social > media accounts? Yes. And not everybody even in promo has access to the social > media account? That is correct. > > But that is because it is not necessary: when somebody wants to post > something, we discuss the wording (for a very short while -- it doesn't drag > on anything) in the promo channels, find an image, and then publish. It is > never the work of one single person. > > You're subscribed to the Promo channels. You must've seen this in action. This > is the same for everybody, whether they have direct access to the accounts or > not. > > We work like this with Kdenlive, Krita, Akademy organisers, and so on and it > works well. We are getting consistently more traction on posts since we > stopped improvising. > > I hope the above convinces you to carry on being part of promo So that's a no then. Tell these higher-ups that partial blocking of a proven contributor from completing a specific task when they have 15 years of track record is demotivating and not how things should be done in KDE. Jonathan