On woensdag 18 april 2018 08:54:53 CEST Volker Krause wrote: > On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 15:18:05 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote: > > > How do we feel about shipping installable images with non-free > > supporting software? The alternative is to drop and not ship any more > > images for Plasma Active or Mobile etc. > > Knowing the joys of binary-only graphic drivers first hand I assume there is > no viable alternative at this point. In that case I think this is indeed > the most pragmatic way forward, neither we nor our users would gain > anything by rejecting this IMHO. Right. We have even seen some positive signs from the pinebook people and were able to create a better understanding for the need for open drivers, so a few steps on our end also create the desire on the hardware manufacturers' end(s) to move closer to a workable and open solution. -- sebas http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org