List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Telemetry Policy - Remaining Questions
From:       Volker Krause <vkrause () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-09-14 22:10:07

On Thursday, 14 September 2017 20:56:49 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dijous, 14 de setembre de 2017, a les 0:20:57 CEST, Volker Krause va
> escriure:
> > (1) Should we allow opt-in tracking of unique identifiers?
> >
> > This was requested by Jaroslaw, as Kexi has this right now and the policy
> > as written right now would thus conflict with it.
>
> I missed this, what's the usecase of unique id data?

IIUC Kexi submits telemetry on each startup (opt-in, of course). That does not
allow you to distinguish between one user starting the application multiple
times or many users starting it once (which has a lot of implications on how
to interpret/weight the data). Look for Jaroslaw's contributions to the

Regards,
Volker