List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Collecting requirements for a KDE-wide instant messaging solution (was: Re: radical proposal: mo
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-08-09 9:27:58

> On 09 Aug 2017, at 09:57, Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org> wrote:
>
> Can we please keep this thread limited to collecting-requirements, and
> therefore arguing over which requirements are required or what their weight
> is? That, rather than re-hashing the discussion elsewhere on which platform
> with which sub- and superset of features is popular in which location.

You are right, inviting people to challenge my proposals right away wasn't such a \
good idea in hindsight.

Furthermore, this sub-thread has reminded me again that while email is great for \
having permanently and publicly archived discussions, it is terrible for collecting \
information (any chat protocol would be equally terrible for that, of course) because \
contributions by different people tend to become spread over multiple emails.

So to fix this as well as to keep information gathering separate from discussion, \
let's do the former in a format that makes more sense for it:

https://notes.kde.org/p/KDE_IM_requirements

Once we've agreed on a list (if we ever do), it could make sense to move that to the \
Community wiki for searchability and everything, but for brainstorming Etherpad \
usually works better.