List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: latest draft for mission (and strategy)
From:       Clemens Toennies <starbuck () netrunner-os ! com>
Date:       2017-07-06 19:27:52

Am 06.07.2017 um 07:30 schrieb Kevin Ottens:
> Hello, > > On Thursday, 6 July 2017 01:19:00 CEST Clemens Toennies wrote: >>
More like "Practical Freedom"? >> The KDE community imo shouldnt be
about "technicalities", thats up to >> how each project tries to
contribute or work towards that ultimate goal >> that is freedom. >>
Wiki2Learn for example really doesnt fit privacy, but can help with >>
Freedom on various levels. > > Sorry, that's still way too broad and
tries to be all encompassing. My point > in this thread is we shouldn't
do that to give a direction.

I like to disagree here.
My thinking was to define an over-arching goal as  common vision/mission
and then focus on particular sub-goal for a limited timeframe that works
towards that goal for some, but maybe not all projects, like e.g. privacy.
But out of curiousity, what direction you think the KDE Community as a
whole should take?

Greetings, Clemens.