List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] Telegram Relay Service
From:       Nicolás_Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-05-07 12:27:26

> El 7 may 2016, a las 07:26, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam@kde.org> escribió:
>
> Also, Telegram is
> intrusive, as the web client only works if you have it running on your
> phone as well, which eats up battery life to no end,

This is not true. The web client connects directly to Telegram in the same way as the \
phone client or the desktop client. It doesn't need your phone active. It doesn't \
even need the app installed on your phone (not sure about first-time signup).

WhatsApp Web does everything through your phone (and people hate it). Telegram Web \
doesn't.

> and the breach of
> privacy because you have to share your private phone number with
> people you don't know in RL,

People can contact you via your "alias" without needing your phone number, in which \
case they won't see your phone number either. You can also join a group whether you \
have an alias name or not, and others in the group will not see your phone number \
(unless they already have it in their contacts).

I don't disagree with your other points, just avoiding misinformation on the above \
two.

--
Nicolás