List:       kde-community
Subject:    [kde-community] Licensing question with header-only libraries
From:       Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-01-24 8:37:33

Hi all,

I'm preparing a library that will probably end up being a header-only library.
I would like to use a license like LGPL - the code in question needs
to stay free, but that it can be used from non-free code like it is
the case with other frameworks.

The issue is that (if I'm correct) LGPL does not have anything
different to GPL in this case since this is not a library that is
dynamically linked - if someone uses it, its code becomes a part of
the end product.

If the above is correct, I think we should add a GPL+exception to the
list of approved licences.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--