List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] KDE applications 4.14 LTS or 4.15?
From:       Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar () autistici ! org>
Date:       2014-04-26 11:41:28

On Saturday 26 April 2014 05:28:18 Inge Wallin wrote:
> While I agree with you, this doesn't answer the question at all.
>
> But mostly I think that an LTS release should be about stability. This is
> not something you get immediately after you port to a new framework and a
> new toolkit at the same time.
>
> I think we should do a 4.15 and at the same time do as much work as possible
> to port over to Qt5/KF5. But to think that the result of that effort is
> worthy of a LTS release is to fool ourselves.

There might be a misunderstanding. This is what I understood:
It generally makes sense to at some point stop adding new features to Qt4
versions of applications and release the last Qt4/KDE development platfrom 4
version as LTS to stabilize it over a longer period of time. The idea was
never to release the Qt5/KF5 versions as LTS.
Now the question is whether the last Qt4 version of applications (which would
be LTS) should be 4.14 or 4.15
Cheers,
Thomas