List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] Windows licenses
From:       Patrick von Reth <patrick () von-reth ! de>
Date:       2014-01-22 8:19:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi I really like the idea but keep in mind that keeping a kde setup up and running \
does take a lot of work, and an unlimited set of licences would not help us at all if \
no one manages the vms. In my experience it is no problem having mingw and msvc setup \
on one system, you probably don't want to compile with both all the time but the \
system will handle it quite fine, in in case of vms the io operations on the same \
hardware would stay the same.  It still would be useful to have one server instance \
for mingw and one for msvc because then multiple people could work at the same time \
and as both setups are independent the amount of work to manage them is not \
increased.

For pacman: pacman is as far as I know only part of msys2 , and quite useful there to \
install dev tools etc, but it is of no use for us, as we don't want users to install \
msys to install kde, and we don't want to develop stuff inside of msys.
Cheers

Patrick