List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] KDE Essential Applications - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5
From:       Marco Martin <notmart () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-16 21:24:09

On Thursday 16 January 2014 21:50:47 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> =

> Is it just me, or does this idea sound like it's going in a similar
> direction to the "Flows" Bj=F6rn and I talked about at Akademy? ;)
> Tasks/workflows is really what we should be thinking about, because that's
> the user's perspective, and thus much more likely to be helpful to users
> than any technology-centric perspective.
> So, long story short, a big +1 from me!

one thing tough...
from this thread i'm gathering there seems to be the need as well of cleare=
r =

distinction between applications and workspace, making also the application=
s =

to e able to be small, standalone, few dependencies entities.
while an integrated workflow concept ties together way furtner applications =

and workspace, and applications between each other (maybe at the point you =

don't have a very defined concept of "application" anymore)

they are both desiderable, but they seems quite in contrast each other.
I'm sure I'm hitting a false dichotomy there, but not seeing a clear soluti=
on. =

does anybody does?

-- =

Marco Martin