List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] Proper KDE SDK - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2014-01-15 22:09:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:

> > * Can we create a "proper" KDE SDK?  We have the SDK module which is
> > really a mix of general development related apps and KDE-specific dev
> > tools, and we have Examples, and we have a few other bits-and-pieces
> > scattered around.  Can we split the apps off to stand on their own
> > repos in Extragear, and merge Examples and the other tools into SDK?
>
> We can, it just needs manpower ;-)

I think I have been asking for a KDE SDK for the last 7 years :-)

KF5 should make that easier, given that there are many "small" parts.

Another idea: let's make the different parts of the SDK (Tier 1 components,
Tier 2 components, etc) available from a repository that could be
integrated in the Qt SDK Maintenance Tool.

This task is very time consuming (lots of rebuilds and tests) but it
shouldn't be too difficult from a technical point of view. It essentially
requires CMake knowledge. Jenkins knowledge and access to a powerful build
machine would be a plus. It's a pity GSoC is so far yet :-/

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org