List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: [kde-community] Proposals for dealing with bad behavior
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-08-08 10:48:48

This message is in MIME format.

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]
This message is in MIME format.

I have no idea how I ended up on the mailinglist, but since I am I'll just comment in \
private. The document looks to strike the tone that IMO makes sense. The wording in \
some paragraphs may need clarification, but nothing major. (well, the last part \
mentioning we have 4 principles may qualify).

I think if this was in place during my koffice times, I expect it would not have \
gotten to a split like it did. Some not-aceptable behaviour generated talks with \
people (not me ;)  that were marked as "horrible" by cwg members, as such giving them \
some 'teeth' would be great.  Accountability is required, as you know, but \
accountability without repurcussions is useless.

I'm gonna figure out how to unsubscribe from the list now. Have a nice day! :)

Quoting Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com>:
> On Friday 02 August 2013 14:44:52 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > At Akademy, Valery, Peter and myself organized a BoF session about conflict
> > handling. Valery wanted to discuss the situation around mailing list- and
> > IRC moderation; I had a proposal for those few cases (just a handful in the
> > history of our community) when things really go out of hand.
> >
> > I've updated the wiki page with the notes. You can find there two proposals:
> >
> > One to essentially set up a communication channel for the IRC, Forum and
> > Mailing List moderators; and urge them to come up with some kind of process
> > and/or documentation for dealing with unpleasant behavior.
> >
> > The second, the 'stormy day' scenario, is a proposal from myself to allow
> > the CWG to deny people who are unwilling to adapt their behavior to our
> > community access to our infrastructure; initially for a two-week cool-down
> > period but at some point for much longer periods.
> >
> > http://community.kde.org/Akademy/2013/ConflictResolution
> >
> > We would appreciate your feedback. The first step (the communication channel
> > for moderators) is already in the process of being executed; the second
> > proposal will need to be discussed and vote don by the e.V. membership.
> > However, I'd like to invite everybody, members and non-members alike, to
> > comment upon it.
> >
> > Oh and from the others who were present at the BoF, besides a thank you, a
> > request: please check if it is complete and accurate! I might have missed
> > things.
> >
> > Greetings and hugs,
> > Jos Poortvliet
>
> I have seen very few comments on this. Does that mean everybody agrees, it is
> perfect and I can put this up for a vote, which will get 100% approval? It is
> a bit surprising that we got it right after just one round of discussion at
> Akademy, I think we should create proposals there more often ;-)
>
> Greetings,

Thomas Zander